Basic computer skills
- Knowing how to switch on the computer
- Being able to use a mouse to interact with elements on the screen
- Being able to use the computer keyboard
- Being able to shut down the computer after use
- Functional knowledge of word processing.
- How to use e-mail
- How to use Spreadsheets
- How to use Databases
- How to use the Internet
- Installing software
- Installing an operating system
- Navigating a computer's filesystem.
- Use of a computer for scientific research
- Fixing software conflicts
- Repairing computer hardware